The Submission Package

Want to pursue traditional publishing? You’ll need a query, synopsis and somewhere between the first ten pages to the first three chapters of your manuscript.

I’m on my third agent (long story) and have been plucked from the slush pile 3 times. I know how to structure a submission package that will catch the eye of an agent.

What will I get?

You will receive detailed line comments on both your query letter and synopsis. You’ll receive detailed lined edits on your first chapter/10pages, plus a one page report on the strength and weaknesses of your first three chapters, looking at the areas of: setting/world-building, character arcs, plot, pacing & tension, emotional core, sensitivity, writing craft (showing V telling, dialogue, adverbs, crutch words etc), marketability/concept, general conclusions & areas to focus.

All this for the very competitive price of $75.

Turn around is 4 weeks unless stated otherwise.

How to Pay​

40% of payment to be made up front, the remaining 60% on receipt of report.

I will send an electronic invoice, which can be paid via credit card or secure bank payment.


My writing, my career, and my sanity wouldn’t be what they are today without Marisa Noelle. I was Marisa’s mentee during #WriteMentor 2018, and she has been a friend, mentor, and inspiration to me ever since. I don’t send anything to my agent before getting her eyes on it first! Her keen sense of storycraft, world-building skills, and overall industry knowledge are invaluable no matter what publishing path you’re looking to take. Her feedback is poignant, helpful, and always given in kindness. Marisa is an amazing writer and editor, but in working with her, you’re going to get more than that. You will end up with a wise mentor and friend who supports you every step of the way.”

Author Hannah Kates, represented by Lynnette Novak of The Seymour Literary Agency.

If you would like to work with me, please email marisanoelle77@gmail.com for enquiries.